The Office of Student Navigation serves as a liaison between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. The Student Navigator communicates with faculty and faculty advisors to promote retention and student success.
Student Navigation offers help to students experiencing difficulties that may affect their performance at CPTC. The program is designed to assist students who are experiencing difficulties in class, being excessively absent from class or experiencing other problems that may affect academic performance.
Contact the Student Navigator:
Lauren McCullough | Student Navigator, Special Services
1701 Carswell Avenue, Waycross, GA 31503
912.285.6361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is a resource center for students and faculty that works collaboratively with the campus community to promote student persistence and successful completion of students' educational goals.
The following services are available:
- Computers and study areas
- Community referrals
- Assistance to students in basic computer skills
- Individualized tips and sessions are offered from the Student Navigator on study skills, test taking skills, test anxiety, motivation, stress and time management by faculty request
- Tools for students to successfully complete class assignments (pens, pencils, highlighters, calculators, books, staplers, hole punch, etc.)
Location: Buliding 1100, Room 1148 | Waycross Campus
Hours of operation: Mon-Thurs | 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
The Student Success Center can be reserved by faculty and staff for events or meetings by contacting Lauren McCullough, Student Navigator: 912-285-6361 or email@example.com
It is important for faculty to identify students who may be at-risk for course completion early in the semester. Early intervention is usually more successful. To get the student assistance before they withdraw or fail a class submit a TEAMS alert.
TEAMS is TCSG’s Early Alert Management System and is a collaborative web-based early intervention referral process designed to identify and sustain students who may be at-risk of attrition.
- TEAMS Live Site for real alerts: https://teamstrn.tcsg.edu/Logon.aspx
- TEAMS Training Site for practice: https://teamstrn.tcsg.edu/Logon.aspx
Student Navigation Resources
Below are some links to help you be successful!
The Student Navigator provides early intervention services for students. If you are behind in classes, feeling overwhelmed, or need help getting back on track, click the help button for one-on-one assistance.