ACCUPLACER is the official placement exam used by Coastal Pines Technical College. All applicants are required to take the placement exam unless certain exemption criteria have been met.
- For Placement Testing Exemption click here
- For Institutional Exemption Testing click here
- For Retesting Procedures click here
Applicants MUST present a valid photo I.D. to gain entrance to the testing session. Students who do not possess a photo I.D. may notify the Admissions Office in advance of testing and make arrangements to prove identification through a combination of birth certificate, social security card, credit cards, and other forms of identification.
What is Accuplacer?
ACCUPLACER is an untimed, multiple-choice, online placement exam that tests your knowledge in math, reading, and writing. Over 1,500 institutions administer ACCUPLACER tests as part of the enrollment process. These tests help identify your strengths and needs in each subject area and are used to place you into courses that match your skill level in order to give you the best opportunities for success. Click here to learn more about the ACCUPLACER test.
Preparing for the Accuplacer
It’s important that your ACCUPLACER scores accurately represent your skills and knowledge. Therefore, CPTC recommends that you utilize the tools and resources provided by ACCUPLACER to help you prepare.
The Official Web-Based Study App | This Web-based study app features practice tests in Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, Reading Comprehension, and Sentence Skills. It’s accessible from any Internet-capable computer, and it will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
- Learn as you go” tests provide you with an explanation of the correct or incorrect responses.
- Sample tests are authentic, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day.
- You can save your work and resume practicing at any time, so you’re in control of your time and schedule.
- You can review your score history to see where you need to refresh your knowledge and where you have strengths.
Click here to get the Free App
Free ACCUPLACER Sample Questions
This free PDF gives you examples of the types of questions you’ll see when you take the ACCUPLACER test. It is useful for some fast and simple preparation prior to taking the test.
Download a free PDF of ACCUPLACER sample questions
For more information contact Erika St. Clair at 912-262-4997 or firstname.lastname@example.org