The CPTC Bookstore provides textbooks and other course-related material, CPTC apparel, and book bags. Other supply items such as paper, pencils, calculators, and notebooks are also available. Bookstores are located on the Golden Isles, Jesup, and Waycross campuses year-round. Bookstores are open with limited hours on the Alma, Baxley, Hazlehurst, and Kingsland campuses during the first two weeks of each semester. Hours are posted at each location.
CPTC Bookstore Purchasing Procedure
Books are sold to students who are registered to take courses scheduled at CPTC. Books will be sold during the first two weeks of each semester using Financial Aid and throughout the term using cash, checks, or credit cards. To purchase books through the CPTC Bookstore:
- The student must be registered for class(es).
- The confirmed class schedule must be brought to the Bookstore to ensure the correct books are purchased.
- Payment must be made at the time of purchase unless financial aid is available for books. Financial aid may be used beginning the first day of the term until the advertised last day to purchase on financial aid.
- To defer book fees, the student must have approved financial aid on file. No cash will be refunded in the Bookstore to students purchasing books through financial aid arrangements.
- The student must sign the invoice showing acceptance of books purchased and the liability for the books, should financial aid be later reduced.
Note: Students are required to attend class(es) to qualify to have books purchased through financial aid arrangements. Students receiving books with financial aid will be liable for Bookstore charges if their financial aid is reduced as a result of dropping classes.
CPTC Bookstore Telephone/E-Mail Purchases
Book purchases may be made by contacting the bookstore manager by phone or email. The course name, number and ISBN for the book must be provided. Payment must be made by debit or credit card prior to the Bookstore ordering the book. Due to shipment expense, a $10 shipping fee will be charged for all books that are purchased by phone or e-mail.
CPTC Bookstore Refunds and Returns
Textbooks purchased for a term or special session are eligible for refund if returned within 10 consecutive calendar days from the date of purchase, provided the following conditions are met:
- Textbooks and merchandise must be unmarked, unsoiled, undamaged, and in resalable condition;
- The original CPTC Bookstore sales receipt MUST be presented for a refund or exchange;
- Personal identification is required for all refunds.
- If purchased using financial aid, items cannot be returned after the posted financial aid cutoff.
The following items are not eligible for refund:
- Textbooks purchased after the refund period is over;
- Textbooks covered with shrink-wrap material which has been removed;
- Expendable supplies and equipment (i.e. cosmetology kits, jump drives, tools, book bags, etc.)
- Gift Items are exchange only.
Defective Merchandise – Defective merchandise purchased from the CPTC Bookstore will be replaced without charge, subject to the following conditions:
- Textbooks must be returned for replacement during the term of use;
- General merchandise (non-texts) must be returned within 10 days of the purchase;
- The original CPTC Bookstore sales receipt MUST be presented for a refund or exchange.
All cash/check refunds are processed with a copy of the original receipts attached to supporting documentation and turned into the business office for check preparation.
Camden Campus | 912.522.4516
Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 6:00 pm / Friday, 8 am – 12 pm
Golden Isles Campus | 912.262.4310
Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 5:30 pm / Friday, 8 am – 12 pm
Jesup Campus | 912.588.2571
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am – 6 pm / Friday, Closed
Waycross Campus | 912.285.6199
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am – 6 pm (closed 1 pm - 2 pm) / Friday, Closed
Each College Store location will be opened for extended hours the first two weeks of each semester to accommodate book sales. Due to COVID-19, the Alma, Baxley, and Hazlehurst campus stores will not be opened during these times. Please contact one of the other campuses for your bookstore needs. The hours each store will be open can be found by clicking the Bookstore Hours Fall 2020 link below. You may also order online and have your books shipped – please see the Online Order Form at the top and bottom of this page.
CPTC Bookstore Contact Phone Numbers
Main Campus (Waycross) 912.285.6199