Coastal Pines Technical College provides support services such as customized workshops, seminars, and support groups for students who are in special population categories including:
- Individual with disabilities (documentation will be requested) - a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities such as; caring for one's self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, or learning.
- Single Parent- students who have primary or joint custody for a dependent child. (Can be divorced, widowed, legally separated, never married, or a person who is single and pregnant.)
- Out-of-workforce Individual – students who have been unemployed or underemployed to care for a home and/or family and for that reason have had difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.
- An Individual preparing for a non-traditional field – students are enrolled in a program of study that will lead to an occupation that is dominated by persons of the opposite sex. (Example: a female in welding or drafting or a male in a healthcare program).
- English Learner- students have a limited ability to write or understand English due to a language other than English as their primary language.
- An Individual from economically disadvantaged families- students who are currently homeless, a youth who is in, or have aged out of, the foster care system, receive Pell Grant or federal assistance, including Food Stamps and/or Medicaid, a youth with a parent who is on active duty armed forces.
If any of these categories apply to you and you would like to take advantage of additional services and supports please make sure to self-disclose which group(s) apply to you by completing the Special Populations Self-Disclosure form.
For information or questions, please contact email@example.com.