Coastal Pines Technical College provides support services such as customized workshops, seminars, and support groups for students who are in special population categories including:
- Individual with disabilities (documentation will be requested) - a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities such as; caring for one's self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, or learning.
- Single Parent- students who have primary or joint custody for a dependent child. (Can be divorced, widowed, legally separated, never married, or a person who is single and pregnant.)
- Out-of-workforce Individual – students who have been unemployed or underemployed to care for a home and/or family and for that reason have had difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.
- An Individual preparing for a non-traditional field – students are enrolled in a program of study that will lead to an occupation that is dominated by persons of the opposite sex. (Example: a female in welding or drafting or a male in a healthcare program).
- English Learner- students have a limited ability to write or understand English due to a language other than English as their primary language.
- An Individual from economically disadvantaged families- students who are currently homeless, a youth who is in, or have aged out of, the foster care system, receive Pell Grant or federal assistance, including Food Stamps and/or Medicaid, a youth with a parent who is on active duty armed forces.
For information or questions, please contact Lindy Cisco, Special Populations Coordinator.