What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to take college level courses while earning college and high school credit.
Students must be enrolled in a participating Georgia high school or approved home-study program. 11th and 12th graders or returning 10th graders are eligible to take any approved course. New 10th graders may take career courses listed on the Course Directory or have required SAT or ACT scores to take core courses. Eligible 9th graders may participate. However, there is no state funding available for 9th grade students.
Students not eligible to receive Dual Enrollment funding may still participate and self-pay for Dual Credit Courses. Once students have exhausted the 30 hours of Dual Enrollment funding, they may elect to receive the Hope Career Grant for approved courses.
Enrolling is as easy as 1-2-3
You and your parent/guardian speak with your high school counselor about the Dual Enrollment program or other dual enrollment options.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Application. There is no fee to apply.
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores – OR – complete the Accuplacer Assessment through the college. See Resources for more Accuplacer information.
- “Testing requirements have been waived through summer 2024”.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Financial Aid Application.
- Students not eligible for Dual Enrollment funding should complete the Dual Enrollment Acknowledgement Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or your High School Coordinator.
PART I: Students and parents complete this section. Students attending a public or private high school should log in to GAfutures.org and complete the Dual Enrollment Funding Application online. Here is a step-by-step guide to completing the funding application.
PART II: High school counselors or home study instructors complete this section.
PART III: TCSG Colleges complete this section.
Speak with a CPTC high school coordinator at a TCSG college to:
- Discuss course options
- Get registered for class
- Obtain information on getting books for your courses