What does Nontraditional mean?
Nontraditional status is based on gender and the training program you are enrolled in. Nontraditional occupations are defined as occupations that have less than 25% of one gender employed in the workforce. Nontraditional programs lead to careers that are high-wage, high-demand, or high-skill.
Assistance is available for you.
Get started today by exploring the following options:
- Financial Aid Options:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Georgia HOPE Scholarship for Degree Programs
- Georgia HOPE GRANT for Diploma/Certificate Programs
- Workforce Investment Act Program
- Hope GED Voucher
- Academic Competitiveness Grant
- The Veterans Administration
A nontraditional program can lead to a rewarding career.
You can look forward to the following:
- Job security
- Fulfilling work
- Opportunity for adventure
- Broader job opportunities
- Opportunity for advancement
- Higher wages
- Better benefits
- Job satisfaction
CPTC offers the following non-traditional programs:
- Advanced Pipe Welding, Automotive Repair, Basic Plumbing, Carpenter’s Assistant, Commercial Truck Driving, Data Cabling Specialist, Diesel Mechanic, Electrical Control Systems, Electrician’s Assistant, Industrial Construction, Industrial Electricity and Wiring Assistant, Industrial Mechanical Systems, Industrial Motor Control Technician, Machine Tool, Pipe Welder, Welding and Joining Technology, & Wire Welding
Accounting, Business Administrative Technology, Certified Nurse Assistant, Child Care Manager, Cosmetology, Early Childhood Care and Education, Early Childhood Exceptionalities, General Office Assistant, Healthcare Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing Clerk, Nail Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Practical Nursing, Radiology Technician, Respiratory Therapy, & Shampoo Technician
Labor Market Information:
Helpful Resources for Women in Nontraditional Careers:
If you wish to explore a nontraditional program at CPTC in order to become more marketable in today’s workforce, GET STARTED TODAY!
To request more information about Coastal Pines Technical College CLICK HERE or contact Admissions - send a text to 912.294.6041 or call us at 877.332.8682.