This instructor-led course provides the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices as well as to perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques. Learners will be skilled to effectively participate in risk mitigation activities and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. Learners will be prepared to sit for the CompTIA Sec+ Exam SY0-601 (and the new 701) certification exam.
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend against them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.