Front End Web Developer
The Front-End Web Developer program is designed to prepare students to function as web developers in multiple technical, business, and healthcare settings. Web developers serve roles with job titles such as Web Site Developers, Web Designers, and Web Masters. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the Microsoft MTA 98-375 Exam.
- Applying understanding of the World Wide Web, web content creation, and web content delivery
- Selecting a Web hosting provider and the good practice of testing web content on multiple browsers
- Creating a basic website using HTML, CSS, styles, HTML elements, and links, video, and images
- Working with fonts, text blocks, lists, and tables to create desired elements in a basic website
- Working with internal and external links to customize a website
- Working with colors, images, and multimedia to customize a basic website
- Applying an understanding of dynamic websites and HTML5 applications
- Using Git and GitHub in Web Development
Hands-on Labs and Activities
- HTML Basics 1 and 2
- CSS Basics
- Functional Programming Exercises
- PORTFOLIO PROJECT: This project provides a vehicle for trainees to put what they are learning into practice while allowing them to develop something creative and personally interesting that follows a standard set of criteria. Additionally, trainees will be asked to present their portfolio project to the class to gain peer feedback and to practice professional presentation skills needed in the workplace.